Friday, 7 August 2015

Housekeeping: Here, Have A Cookie!

Housekeeping: Here, Have A Cookie!


See that top bar? If you're a European visitor, pay attention.

Whenever I log in to my Blogger overview page for this blog, I get a notice telling me that I should double check and confirm that visitors using URL versions of my site from the European Union (such as, totally coincidentally, composer99.blogspot.co.uk), should see a message informing them that they are, as it were, getting "cookies" when they visit the site.

The screen capture above shows that when I check the site using an EU URL, the notice automatically comes up. That said, just in case, here is what you should know about this site and its use of cookies on behalf of Google:

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalise ads, and to analyse traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

(If I ever get around to it, I'll create an "Announcements" page, linked on the sidebar below the Comments Policy page, which will permanently link to this post.)

Look at it this way, at least you're not getting a cookie in this context:

(Video from The Matrix, video credit Village Roadshow Pictures/Groucho II Film Partnership/Silverlight/Warner Bros.)

No comments:

Post a Comment