Thursday, 6 August 2015

What Do You Do Instead Of Masturbating?

What Do You Do Instead Of Masturbating?


Before proceeding with the content of this post, please be advised that the title is a rhetorical question. Feel free not to answer.

Anyway, just today I was made aware of two videos on YouTube produced by a Christian (I'm presuming a white Evangelical) in which the featured actors try to convince women and men (*), respectively, that they ought not masturbate.

The atheist blogger Libby Anne of Love Joy Feminism at the religious-themed blog aggregate Patheos, provides more critical analysis, but I'd like to focus on just a few lines from the video aimed at men.


Here it is, in all its, er, "glory".

Don't masturbate, mmkay?

The highlights, so far as I can see, involve the primary actor inviting other actors on in order to show viewers how to practice serving others instead of masturbating. Choice gems include:

Hi roommate, I just folded your laundry instead of masturbating.
Hey, I just cleaned your car instead of masturbating.
I could be masturbating right now, but I decided to volunteer at the homeless shelter instead.

So... yeah.

Just imagine someone coming up to you and telling you that they folded your laundry... instead of masturbating.

Enough said.

(*) Heteronormative women and men, natch. Anyone in the GLTBQ+ rainbow need not apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment